Since I posted, what I’m watching, there have been a few changes, mainly with the addition of a few anime. With the new Fall 2015 season underway it brings a new group of anime to the mix to watch and enjoy! A week has past, with most of the shows airing their first episode, so I have had a small taste of what they may or may not be about. So here are my expectations for this season:
- note: Most of my expectations and anticipation for each anime is generally based off the 1st episode, if I’ve read the manga and any news (e.g. seiyuus, synopsis) regarding the anime that I’ve read.
- Heavy Object: Giant mechs that do battle instead of humans? It’s an interesting concept, and after watching the first 2 episodes, it’s great too see the world develop as well as how the characters develop along with the actions of others and those controlling the mechs. I actually got Aldnoah Zero like vibes whilst watching, so here’s to this being a good anime this season.
- Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni Shomin Sample: I’ve kept up with the manga for this, however not the Light Novel. I actually thoroughly enjoy the manga, so I’m excited too see how this is adapted in the anime. With a bunch of rich ojou-samas and a single male student, it creates for the best chance for a harem and of course best girls.
- Owarimonogatari: I’ve always enjoyed the Monogatari series, with the deep dialogue and underlying themes between and being portrayed by characters the series has done really well in leaving me thinking after each episode. I’m really excited with the story expanding as each season has been great so far. With some of the best characters, I have high expectations for the story of Araragi Koyomi and how that will develop.
- Comet Lucifer: Mechs? Discovering girls underground? in a steam-punk like setting? I’m not sure about these because I haven’t actually watched a lot of steampunk based show. However, the first episode to intrigued me and I hope for the story and the characters to be expanded upon throughout the season.
- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: I’ve actually read parts of the manga, but not the Light Novel. Though at times I was confused about what was going on, I hope the anime will provide me with some insight about the story and what I got so confused about while reading.
- Noragami Aragoto: Noragami season 2 was a pretty solid season. this season expands on the relationship between characters and it would be interesting too see how it plays out.
- Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen: With the second season of Owari no Seraph, I hope for them to expand on this bleak world in which humans fight vampires. With the characters so far I have expectations for them to expand on the backstory.
- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: With a similar theme to Gakusen Toshi (or-vice versa), it may prove to be a competition between the two. Though the first episode was quite enjoyable and as more charcters get introduced this may also be another best girl show. I have read some of the manga but not the Light Novel, so here’s to get only getting better from here on out!
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Ummatteiru: With the ideals of death and time whilst living, it created a sense or aura for me in which piqued my interest. The first episode was kind of philosophic whilst also maintaining a element of mystery behind its characters and I’m interested in seeing how the plot will develop.
- Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst: The second season of Shinmai is here, the first was quite enjoyable. After watching the first episode, it felt like the budget went up and the animations got dramatically better. So with that being a good thing, the ecchiness of the show continues as we see how Basara’s journey develops.
- Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai: Being set in a military like setting, which I’m quite use to, is always enjoyable to watch. As with an inquisition it would be interesting to see where the story goes, with the battle against mages, I hope for a bit of political interaction within the show. However, after the first episode it may not seem so, but it was actually quite enjoyable to watch with the characters there.
- Utwaremono: Itsuwari no Kamen: Prior to watching the episode I didn’t have a clue what this was about, nor do I have a clue after the episode. I actually got a good sense of mystery vibes from watching though, and I believe it may peak really well this season. We’ll have too see each week too be sure.
- JK Meshi: Being a show about cute girls doing cute things, it creates an aura around it where it its easy and simple to watch. I usually enjoy these type of shows, but with it being a short, my expectations aren’t too high but I’m interested in how they mix in the food aspect towards a short.
- Komori-san Kotowarenai: I’ve watched the first episode, and found it interesting enough too add into my weekly rotation. This is another of those shorts, where its simple and easy to watch without having to worry.
- Lance N Masques: I’ve actually watched the first 2 episodes, with a story of being a white knight it will probably try to keep things lighthearted most of the time. Though this may change as there has been a bit of drama.
- Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou: Shingeki in a different kind of setting, taking more a comedic route. After watching the first 2 episodes, I think its mainly going to follow the story line of Shingeki no Kyojin in more of a parody like manner.
- Fairy Tail
- Naruto Shippuuden
- God Eater
- iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Season 2