With the end of a new season comes a new. Some shows are carried over from the previous from being 2 cour.
Most of my expectations and anticipation for each anime is generally based off the 1st episode, if I’ve read the manga and any news (e.g. seiyuus, synopsis) regarding the anime that I’ve read.
So What Am I Watching?
- Charlotte: With P.A works taking the reigns hopefully they can pull off something great this season (pasts seasons, haven’t been so great). I have watched the first episode and with that I am looking forward to the rest of the season.
- Durarara!!x2 Ten: With Durarara coming back for another season, my expectations rose. I enjoyed the first season (Durarara Shou) with its supernatural elements, I have high expectations for the continuation of its story.
- Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri: Having watched the first episode, the premise of the anime did peak my interest. I’ve read many comments about the manga and how good it is, so I hope this turns out really well.
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa: I’m up do date with the manga, so I believe I know what’s going to happen. If TMS Entertainment does this well, I believe this is gonna be a great anime to watch.
- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou: My favorite of the season so far (Best girls galore). After 1 episode I can clearly say that I’m going to enjoy this anime. Having read the manga, and enjoying that also played a part in my expectations.
- To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd: ToLove-Ru is one of my favorite series whenever it does come out. I’m up to date with the manga, and hopefully it stays faithful to it. With Ray coming back to sing the OP I have high expectations as I enjoyed the first one.
- Okusama ga Seitokaichou!: With this being a short anime (8 minutes per episode) I’m not sure about the time restraints they have in getting through the material. I am up to date with the manga and I do enjoy it.
- Overlord: Another take on entering a game world through virtual reality. I believe that a lot of these are coming out these days. With Overlord I’ve read whats been released in manga so far. It’s not my favorite by I still enjoyed the read. With that being said I think this anime will turn out alright.
- Rokka no Yuusha: After watching the first episode, it made it feel like I need to watch more of it to enjoy it further. With that being said, my expectations are peaked and will wait each week to see how the story develops.
- Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: An anime about a world with distorted views and no dirty minds? WHAT?, I think I’m gonna enjoy this one as we watch our protagonists try to change the world.
- God Eater: With a world on the brink of destruction and humanity developing weapons to fight against the cause, I believe this show can turn out to be one of the best this season or fall to an average state. With shows similar to this, and being a game adaptation, it will probably do well.
- The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season: After watching the 1st season, I do believe iDOLM@STER has become one of my favorite idol series (other than Love Live). I did enjoy the first season with the interactions between characters and I am looking forward to the rest.
- Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki: I watched the first episode. I thought it was okay, but not something outstanding. With its premise of war I believe this may be a staple in my rotation of anime, but I don’t go in with high expectations.
- Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan: I have started reading the manga for this, it looks like a good anime with supernatural and futuristic themes. I think it also might be a romcom in nature. I expect that when I watch it I won’t have to think to hard, overall it may be good or something just to past the time.
- Prison School: I’ve tried reading the manga after reading comments about how good and ‘different’ it was compared to the usual school anime, but I couldn’t get through it. However, I will persevere and hope I can catch interest into the anime.
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist: In all honesty I find it difficult to watch Symphogear at times. I have watched the previous seasons and I thought they were average. Nevertheless I will continue to watch them because there are moments in which I enjoy the anime (besides I’ve already started right?)
- Arslan Senki
- Denpa Kyoushi
- Shokugeki no Souma
- Naruto Shippuuden
- Fairy Tail
- Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu